A Karma Classroom Live Workshop: 19 Apr 23
Primary & Early Childhood course
Join The Karma Class for our innovative NESA and TQI Approved professional development course A Karma Classroom.
In this course you'll learn how to create the ultimate calm classroom using aspects of yoga, breath and mindfulness.
Created by teachers for teachers, this course is especially developed for you - early childhood educators, primary school teachers, childcare educators and support staff.
You'll also learn about teacher health and wellbeing (self-care), and how to easily weave mindful activities into the classroom every day to create a calm, compassionate and resilient climate where everyone thrives, including you.
$285.00 AUD incl. GST
Your course includes:
- 5 hours towards your NESA and TQI Accredited or Elective Professional Development
- Karma Classroom Activity Cards valued at $89
- A Comprehensive Manual to download
- Certificate of Completion
- Tax deductible (check with your accountant)
Primary and Early Childhood Professional Development that's super fun, easy to learn and can be implemented in just minutes a day.
- NESA and TQI Accredited PD.
- APST referenced.
Completing A Karma Classroom contributes 5 hours of NESA & TQI Accredited PD in the priority area of student/child mental health, addressing standard descriptors 1.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Date: Weds 19 April 2023
Time: 9.30am - 3pm (AEST)
Duration: 5 hours
Where: Online Zoom Workshop
The Karma Classroom Activity Cards will be shipped to you before the workshop.
* As the activity cards are posted once you book, there are no refunds. You are welcome to transfer your place to another or join us at a later date.
Make Teacher and Student Health and Wellbeing a Priority
Teacher Health and Wellbeing
In a job that is often very stressful as well as physically challenging, teachers often burn out quickly and/or become physically injured.
Experience the benefits of a gentle adult yoga class and the effects of slow, deeper breathing to quickly reduce stress, muscular tension and anxiety.
Weaving yoga, breathing and mindfulness into the classroom
Learn to use the Karma Classroom Activity Cards (included with the training) on a daily basis to:
- Energise, re-focus and boost moods with simple, fun and easy-to-use yoga sequences at the desk, standing or on the floor.
- Learn different breathing techniques to energise and/or clam.
- Cultivate tools to manage energy levels, various forms of child stress and challenging classroom situations.
- Understand the healing benefits of visualisations.
- Weave mindful activities to create calm, build resilience and cultivate compassion.
- Introduce discussion topics to support a positive minds growth set.
- Enjoy stress busters to shake things up.
Benefits of A Karma Classroom Course
- Supports whole-child development
- Teaches stress management tools
- Keeps students calm and focused
- Builds resilience
- Develops social and emotional intelligence
- Promotes a positive classroom climate
- Supports learning-readiness
Additional information for the event
- Wear comfortable clothes that you can move in
- Create a quiet space with place for a yoga mat and a chair
- Download and print the manual prior to the training
Includes the Karma Classroom Activity Cards
Large Format & Durable A5, 300gsm stock, celloglazed finish, rounded corners
(Click sample images to see full size cards)
The Karma Classroom Cards are educationally designed to support physical, social and emotional wellbeing, learning-readiness and a classroom climate that is calm, centred and focussed.
They are easy to use and deliver a holistic body, breath and mind experience. With just minutes of daily movement, breath and mindful activities students' mental focus, social/emotional intelligence and physical strength is supported.
easy to use, for just minutes every day
What teachers are saying about The Karma Classroom PD course
"Really practical; your depth of experience is evident. Your flexibility re: delivery is refreshing. Thank you so much. I look forward to getting started!"
Vanessa Bain, Merimbula Public School
"The most engaging, informative and enjoyable course I have been on in my teaching career."
Georgia Cross, Double Bay Public School
“The content that I will take back and share is huge - what a great tool to teach young children, that can stay with them as they grow.“
Corrie Shepherd, Tathra Preschool
Karma Classroom Activity Cards
82 gender neutral cards
115 classroom activities
Introducing different breathing techniques both calming and invigorating.
At the Desk
A series of poses to be done at the desk bringing an instant source of fresh oxygen to the body and brain.
Fun activities to cultivate mindfulness and encourage an inner sense of calm.
Shake things up and relieve tension with these self-love stress busters.
A selection of poses encouraging stretching, lengthening, opening, twisting, bending and balancing.
Shake off the dust and bring in a new sense of vitality with these fun At the Desk and Feeling Strong movement + breath sequences.
Partner Poses build co-operation & confidence, while promoting healthy communication and problem-solving. They are also a lot of fun!
Discussion ideas to encourage your students to become the best version of themselves and to cultivate compassion and kindness for each other.
A series of guided visualisations to bring students into the present moment and help them to better understand their feelings.
an innovative and holistic resource for every teacher
Custom Programs for Schools
A ‘whole school’ approach where the entire staff complete the A Karma Classroom course.
We continue to work closely with you to ensure the ongoing success of the program.
Add weekly Kids Yoga Classes and your Health and Wellbeing Program will be flourishing!